You're never too old to play

People play all the time in many different ways and as you get older the way you play changes but you still do it. I happen to enjoy bike riding and taking walks but I really didn't get into that until a few years ago when I discovered my mom's love of it. There are some activities that you might have enjoyed when you were young and still like them now, which is great because you have something you can always turn to. Play is important for you so that your body can get moving, burn off energy, and release hormones because it really is fun to get moving. You can play indoors or out, do it with friends or solo, do the same thing each time or switch it up but how ever you do it, it's your thing. I talked about sleep in my last post and I wanted to make this a little series so I chose play (or exercise if you call it that) to talk about next and it has great benefits just like sleep. What are the benefits you might ask? Well besides what I listed up there play is important to keep your body limber and the fluids in your body need to move around every so often in order to keep things from becoming stagnant. It also boosts creativity in your brain because we all know those writers and artists need to stay away from hitting road blocks. For the rest of us though we can still benefit from it because we all face problems everyday that need a creative mind to find a solution to it. Sleep and play go hand in hand too because when we exercise it can help us sleep better at night when our bodies are just ready to crash after all the activity of the day. Don't wear yourself out too much of course because then you can end up like me and have a sinus infection from over exhaustion and lack of sleep. Not fun. On the bright side it does remind me to slow down and take care of myself because I can't do anything if I'm sick, plus I'm worth more than driving myself over the edge. (I think getting sick can be God's way of telling us to slow down.) Play really does help us connect with other people and find ways to have fun together but most importantly to get out and explore. Just remember to move any way you can everyday and to keep your body moving because a moving body makes for a creative mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey look, it’s the woods

Vatican Film #3

A Journey Through the History of Film